Feb 22, 2008

5 days and counting

Well this is it - our last weekend at home before the start of our big adventure. The girls are completely stoked and bouncing off the walls. We currently have High 5 on LOUD and lots of dancing going on. I'm sure the next thing will be the "12 girls band" from Shanghai. If you haven't heard them, they're awesome! I find myself, dare I say, somewhat relaxed although getting more emotional by the minute. I guess it's those pre-adoption hormones kicking in. Beware, Jane will cry at the drop of a hat or at nothing at all!!

We received our airline tickets this week along with other documents from Children's Bridge and now it's just a matter of finishing the packing. Stephanie's bag is packed, Hannah's will be tonight and my stuff is all ready to go in the bag - no last minute, staying up all night packing for me this time! Of course, going to bed on Tuesday night is probably useless as we'd have to get up at 3am anyway. Oh well, we'll be ready to switch our time clocks over very quickly....I hope.

We now have 2 extra friends coming along on our trip - Flat Stanley for Hannah's class and Flat Jessica for Stephanie's daycare class. Thankfully, they are flat and won't take up much room in our luggage;-) Stay tuned for the Flat kids' adventures in China.

It has been a long journey to Quinn but oh so worth it. I can't wait to give our son a hug - or even just a high five. I keep thinking about how our life is about to change, but our little man is facing more changes in the next few weeks than most of us could ever imagine. We look forward to sharing our trip with you.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jane and Steve,

Good luck with your trip to China for Quinn's adoption -- I hope everything goes well. I look forward to meeting Quinn field-side in the future. We'll hold things down for you while you're away Steve!

Best wishes,
David Edwards

Shauna and MacLean said...

Ottman clan, MacLean and I wish you all the best on this most wonderful journey to Quinn. Take care and safe travels I will wake up and read your blog each and every day. Take care,
Shauna and MacLean xoxo

Anonymous said...

Jane, I'm in your Mom's Probus Book Club and she told me about your coming journey to bring Quin
home. She said the girl's have pink and purple luggage that they can handle themselves. How very exciting for all of you.
Best Wishes, Judith

Anonymous said...

Hey Steve, best wishes to you and your family on the journey to China to meet Quinn. It looks like we have a new generation of Vipers FC!
David Bishop

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jane and Steve! Donna P. told me about the upcoming expansion of the Ottman family. Best wishes on your trip. Quinn is adorable.

Sharon Forsyth